Comment on page
Encode Hackathon Information
SpruceID is giving $6,000 in prize money across our two bounties! Your mission: Build an app that integrates decentralized identity, giving users greater control over their digital identities and personal data. SpruceKit powers your application to accept digital credentials from users on their terms, originate trusted information for users, and interact with user data vaults.
SpruceID empowers developers to build decentralized identity capabilities into apps using open source libraries. SpruceKit is our collection of libraries that power your application to accept digital credentials from users on their terms, originate trusted information for users, and interact with user data vaults.
To learn more about SpruceID and decentralized identity, read through a few of our blog posts:
Let users bring their own identity and data to your app
About the bounty: At SpruceID, we’re building a future that empowers everyone to generate verifiable digital credentials that make statements about reality, such as their identity, qualifications, achievements, experiences, or even the content they’ve created. For this bounty, hackathon participants should tie together SpruceKit libraries and use the SpruceKit Credential Faucet to let users prove who they are in your application. Participants should make sure to pull in credentials in a meaningful way, such as using them to enhance profile information or use them as part of a core workflow.
🏆 Most innovative app use case (introduces unique concepts, pushing boundaries of existing technologies or addressing problems in new and creative ways): $1,500
🏆Best technical implementation of the libraries: $1,000
🏆 Implementation with the best user experience: $500
Allow users to log in without a username/password by authenticating with their Ethereum accounts.
About the bounty: Sign-in with Ethereum is a decentralized authentication mechanism that lets you log into websites or applications using your Ethereum wallet address to store and access your data. Sign-in with Ethereum eliminates the need for usernames and passwords, using your Ethereum address as a unique identifier — adding security and transparency to the authentication process. SpruceID is looking for hackathon participants to incorporate our open-source SpruceKit libraries to enable their app users to Sign in with Ethereum. Developers can optionally also use SSX (as a part of SpruceKit) to resolve ENS names (hint: this may help you with some ENS bounties too!), but, at a minimum, must use SSX to install Sign-In with Ethereum to log users in.
🏆 $3,000 prize pool: $250 for the 12 best dapp submissions
- 1.Quality of the idea: includes creativity and originality of the idea
- 2.Implementation of the idea: Includes how well the idea was executed
- 3.Potential impact: the extent to which the solution can impact SpruceID’s ecosystem
- GitHub repository of the full codebase
- The GitHub repository should have instructions in the README for running the project
- Please keep the repo public for judges to review
- Readme describing the project in detail (this is essential to evaluating your project)
- Summary, overview, images of the demo, etc.
- 2.Video demonstration (max 3 min)
- A short video to demonstrate the full functionality of your project
- 3.Presentation (Optional)
- Pitch deck
- Introduce your team, why you built (motivation/problem), what you built (solution), demonstration video, and future roadmap of the project
- This could be used later if selected as a finalist. You can update the deck before the demo day.
- 4.Live website of the project for the public to test/demo (Optional)
- 5.Technical Paper (Optional)
- Check out our SSX Quickstart to see how many of these libraries come together:
- Check out Sprouts, our example apps using SpruceKit:
- For more information, check out the SpruceKit main page:
We can’t wait to see what you build!